Connect with us

Headlines

Federal Government Breaks Silence On Hacking of Npower Portal

Published

on

N-Power Gives Update On Npower Assessment Schedule

The Federal Government has finally broken silence on the purported hacking of Npower portal.

NewsOne Nigeria reports that the federal government led by President Muhammadu Buhari has dismissed rumours in the media that the Npower portal had been hacked and applicants’ details were compromised.

This reliable online news medium understands that social media was awash over the weekend with reports that the Npower site had been hacked and applicants’ details were no longer safe but the scheme in a post on Twitter swiftly debunked such reports, assuring applicants that its site was very safe and has not been hacked.

Reacting to the development in a statement on Sunday night, the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, through its Deputy Director Information, Rhoda Iliya, said the Npower portal was secure.


“The Ministry will like to assure Nigerians that the N-Power portal is secured and no data has been compromised,” it said.

The Ministry also urged Nigerians between the ages of 18 and 35 with or without formal education to apply for a slot in the new Npower programme.

The statement read in part: “Inline with the ongoing N-POWER Batch C online application which commenced Friday, June 26, 2020, the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs Disaster Management and Social Development, hereby announces that over 1,000,000 applications have been received from across the Federation in less than 48 hours after the Honourable Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq declared open the new N-Power Portal on the Ministry’s website.

“The Ministry wishes to reiterate that all young Nigerians between the ages of 18-35 with or without formal education can apply for a slot in the new program which would be very focused on agriculture.

“The number of applications so far received is an indication of the number of our youths who need jobs and the confidence in the program.

“The Ministry will continue to collaborate with its technical partners to provide timely support to all applicants.

“The selection process would be fair and transparent and the public would also be carried along at every stage.”

Facebook Comments

Adblocker detected! Please consider reading this notice.

We've detected that you are using AdBlock Plus or some other adblocking software which is preventing the page from fully loading.

We don't have any banner, Flash, animation, obnoxious sound, or popup ad. We do not implement these annoying types of ads!

We need money to operate the site, and almost all of it comes from our online advertising.

Please add newsoneng.com to your ad blocking whitelist or disable your adblocking software.

×