GLo Sim Card linkage to NIN can be accessed below.
NewsOne Nigeria recalls that the Minister of Communication and Digital Economy, Dr Ibrahim Pantami, had directed the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to order telecom operators to deactivate all the subscriber identity module (SIM) cards that are not linked to the National Identity Number (NIN) issued by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).
In a statement issued by Dr. Ikechukwu Adinde, Director, Public Affairs, NCC, the apex regulator and other sister agencies said they were implementing a framework to ensure compliance.
Highlights of decisions taken for immediate implementation:
- Affirmation of the earlier directive to totally suspend registration of NEW SIMs by all operators.
- Operators to require ALL their subscribers to provide valid National Identification Number (NIN) to update SIM registration records.
- The submission of NIN by subscribers to take place within two weeks (from today December 16, 2020 and end by 30 December, 2020).
- After the deadline, ALL SIMs without NINs are to be blocked from the networks.
- A Ministerial Task Force comprising the Minister and all the CEOs (among others) as members is to monitor compliance by all networks.
- Violations of this directive will be met by stiff sanctions, including the possibility of withdrawal of operating license.
“The general public is hereby urged to ensure that their NINs are captured in their SIM registration data. All inconveniences which might be occasioned by this directive are deeply regretted,” the statement added.
How To Link NIN With Glo Sim Card
On this note, NewsOne Nigeria brings to you how to link NIN with Glo Sim Card.
Below is how to link your NIN to your Glo number using your phone:
You can now link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your mobile number as a Glo subscriber.
— Glo Nigeria (@GloWorld) December 18, 2020
To linked it to your Glo sim, you have to use a text message format;
- Text “REG” to 746, and follow the subsequent instructions to get it linked