NewsOne Nigeria reports that the three UFC championships will be up for grabs on March 6 when UFC 259 goes down inside the UFC APEX in Las Vegas. No fight on the card is bigger than the main event superfight as middleweight champion Israel Adesanya jumps to light heavyweight to challenge 205-pound champion Jan Blachowicz for the light heavyweight title.
Adesanya is a perfect 20-0 in his MMA career, and after winning the interim title at middleweight, unifying to become undisputed champion and successfully defending the crown twice, he is looking to build his resume against the very dangerous Blachowicz. After an up and down UFC career, Blachowicz finally reached the top of the light heavyweight mountain this past September, running his winning streak to four by knocking out Dominick Reyes to capture the vacant 205-pound title.
But there is way more beyond just the two champions fighting in the main event. Consensus greatest women’s fighter of all time, Amanda Nunes, is back in action when she defends her featherweight title against top contender Megan Anderson in the co-main event. Plus, bantamweight champ Petr Yan makes his first defense against top contender Aljamain Sterling in arguably one of the best fights UFC could make right now. This card also sees the return of former light heavyweight title challenger Thiago Santos as he looks to get back into contention against thunderous striker Aleksandr Rakic. And former bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz returns when he battles rising contender Askar Askarov.
Below is the fight card that’s been announced by the promotion to date. Odds via William Hill Sportsbook.
UFC 259 fight card, odds
- Israel Adesanya -260 vs. Jan Blachowicz (c) +210, light heavyweight championship
- Amanda Nunes (c) -1100 vs. Megan Anderson +700, women’s featherweight championship
- Petr Yan (c) -135 vs. Aljamain Sterling +115, bantamweight championship
- Islam Makhachev -330 vs. Drew Dober +260, lightweights
- Aleksandar Rakic -170 vs. Thiago Santos +145, light heavyweights
- Casey Kenney -125 vs. Dominick Cruz +105, bantamweights
- Song Yadong -165 vs. Kyler Phillips +140, bantamweights
- Askar Askarov -120 vs. Joseph Benavidez +100, flyweights
- Amanda Lemos -180 vs. Livinha Souza +155, women’s strawweights
- Tim Elliott -110 vs. Jordan Espinosa -110, flyweights
- Carlos Ulberg -210 vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu +175, light heavyweights
- Sean Brady -220 vs. Jake Matthews +180, welterweights
- Kai Kara-France -150 vs. Rogerio Bontorin +125, flyweights
- Uros Medic -160 vs. Aalon Cruz +135, lightweights
- Mario Bautista vs. Trevin Jones, bantamweights
Live stream Blachowicz Vs Adesanya, how to watch ufc 259, how to stream online for free…
LIVE on #ESPNPlus PPV: bit.ly/3qZCDYO
Stream #UFC259 Saturday on ESPN+ ES.PN/UFC259TW