Naija News & top Nigerian newspaper headlines today, 10th May 2022, can be accessed below.
Newsone has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper headlines today & Naija news today from the Nigerian Newspaper today.
1. President Muhammadu Buhari has returned to Abuja after attending the Summit of Heads of State and Government 15th Conference of the Parties (Cop15) of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
2. The President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan on Monday joined the 2023 Presidential race. Lawan’s friends purchased the All Progressives Congress, APC, nomination forms for him at the International Conference Centre, ICC.
3. Fuel queues persisted in the Federal Capital Territory on Monday as filling stations struggled to control desperate drivers waiting to buy the Premium Motor Spirit, PMS, at the official price. Racketeers had a field day, selling a litre of PMS at N300 in different parts of the FCT.
4. Amidst attempts by loyalists of former president Goodluck Jonathan to stop him from running on the All Progressives Congress, APC, platform, the former president has formally met with the National Chairman of the ruling party in Abuja, apparently to clarify some grey areas regarding his reported candidacy.
5. A Presidential aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party and Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike has said that the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari in the last seven years has been known only for the killing of Nigerians. He said this while addressing the party’s delegates in Akure, the Ondo State capital yesterday evening.
6. Former President Goodluck Jonathan has rejected the nomination and expression of interest forms that a group bought for him. A coalition of Fulani groups had purchased the APC nomination form for him. But in a statement on Monday night, the former President said he knows nothing about it.
7. Minister of State, Petroleum Resources, Chief Timipre Sylva, has picked the N100 million presidential forms of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) amid the ongoing fuel scarcity. Nigerians have been spending hours at filling stations in the last three days, a situation the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) blamed on low depot loading.
8. The relatives and friends of 62 passengers captured on the Abuja-Kaduna train have warned that the train service must not resume unless all abducted passengers are rescued. In a press conference in Kaduna on Monday, the relatives demanded the quick and safe rescue of their people being held hostage.
9. Godwin Emefiele, Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, has filed a suit before a Federal High Court in Abuja over the alleged plan to disqualify him from the 2023 presidential primaries slated for the end of this month. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has earlier given political parties a deadline of June 3 to submit their candidates for the 2023 elections.
10. Chief Whip of the House of Senate, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu has announced decision to withdraw from the 2023 presidential race. The lawmaker, who was an aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC, stated this in a statement he personally signed on Monday.