Newsone has compiled top Naija News headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers. Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The naira has rebounded by 20.8 percent to 720/dollar at the parallel market, findings have shown. The development came two weeks after the local currency came under severe pressure at the black market, following the announcement by the Federal Government to redesign the naira.
2. Men of the Ogun State Police Command have arrested four men over the disappearance of a 36-year-old woman, Aminat Adebayo, who went missing about two months ago. The suspects, Azeez Raimi, 21; Saheed Yusuf, 33; Michael Awodero, 27; and Soneye Lateef, 39, were arrested following a complaint lodged at the Sagamu divisional police headquarters by the elder brother of the victim, Ahmed Adebayo.
3. A Federal High Court in Abuja on Thursday put aside the contempt proceedings and all the directives of conviction for contempt against Abdulrasheed Bawa, the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC. Justice Chizoba Oji set aside the proceedings yesterday after hearing an application brought by Bawa.
4. The vice presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Kashim Shettima has urged Nigerians to brace up for a tough time in 2023. Shettima who dropped the hint on Thursday in Abuja at an event organised by APC Professionals Forum, added that the country would go through some rough waters in the coming months and years.
5. President Muhammadu Buhari has said there was no going back on the planned redesign of the N1,000, N500, and N200 bank notes. He spoke against the backdrop of public criticisms that have trailed the announcement on October 26 by the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, that the apex bank would redesign the Naira.
6. Presidential candidate of Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, has assured of a better Nigeria if elected next year. He stated this at Ngwa High School field in Aba, Abia State, at the flag-off of campaign for the gubernatorial candidate of the party in the State, Dr. Alex Otti.
7. The Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has described the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) as an “alliance of convenience” that will collapse after defeat in the coming presidential election in 2023. The former Vice President stated this shortly after the inauguration of the youth wing of PDP’s Presidential Campaign Council.
8. President Muhammadu Buhari says he has no desire to own a house outside Nigeria, adding that he has not bought one since he became President in 2015. The president disclosed this during his meeting with King Charles III at Buckingham Palace, in the United Kingdom.
9. The Federal Government yesterday said it is closely monitoring the activities of the popular micro-blogging site, Twitter, following the recent ownership change of the platform. Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed stated this during an inter-ministerial press briefing in Abuja.
10. Suspected arsonists have set ablaze an office of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) at Iyana Mortuary, Abeokuta, Ogun State. Sources said the hoodlums, numbering about eight, had jumped over the fence into the premises and set fire to the INEC building.