Naija News, read Top Headlines today, Wednesday, 16th November 2022 below.
Newsone has compiled top Naija News headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers. Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Nigeria’s inflation rate jumped to a 17-year high of 21.09% in October 2022, representing a 0.32% point increase from 20.77% recorded last month. This is coming as food inflation in October 2022 increased to 23.72% from 18.34% in the corresponding Month last year.
2. Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Dr. Matthew Kukah, has cautioned Nigerians who have pledged loyalty to certain politicians and political parties not to kill themselves in demonstrating support for such candidates. Kukah, who spoke when he appeared on a television programme, yesterday, said Nigerians should see politicians as friends jostling for their piece of the national cake and should not be taken too seriously.
3. Nigeria’s President and Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council, Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday assured the standard bearer, Ahmed Tinubu, of unalloyed support in the 2023 elections. He gave the assurance during the campaign kick-off in Jos on Tuesday.
4. Over 20 governors elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress and several other party chieftains arrived at the Jos airport on Tuesday with over 30 private and chartered jets to witness the presidential campaign inauguration of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and his running mate, Alhaji Kashim Shettima.
5. The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, says the Federal Government will do away with petroleum subsidies by June 2023. Ahmed said this on Tuesday in Abuja during a press conference to mark the end of the 28th National Economic Summit.
6. A prophet of the Cherubim and Seraphim Church, Joseph Ogundeji, has been arrested by men of the Ogun State Police Command for allegedly defiling two sisters in the State. It was gathered that Ogundeji while perpetrating the crime impregnated one of the victims.
7. A Nigerian lecturer based in Uganda, Dr. Lukman Abiodun, has been dismissed by the management of Kabale University, over allegation of sexual misconduct involving female students of the institution. It was learnt that until Abiodun was sacked, he was the Head of the Department of Economics and Statistics in the institution.
8. Hon. Sobur Olayiwola Olawale, lawmaker representing Mushin Constituency II at the Lagos State House of Assembly, is dead. Known as Omititi in political circles, Olawale was among the politicians who stormed Jos, Plateau State capital, for the kick-off of the campaign of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Presidential Candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
9. The apex socio-cultural organisation in Igbo land, the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has described Governor Charles Soludo’s comment on a former Governor of the State and presidential candidate of the Labour Party in the 2023 general election, Peter Obi as ridiculous, unreasonable and premature. The group said in a statement yesterday that it has dragged Soludo to two deities.
10. The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, is set to meet with presidential candidates, including that of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu, who chose to run on a Muslim-Muslim ticket. This came on a day president of the Christian body, His Eminence Archbishop Daniel Okoh, said the country is facing a crisis of development and governance, despite efforts to achieve unity, peace, and prosperity for all.
That’s today’s summary of Newspaper headlines from Naija News media. Read more Nigerian news, African news, and world news on NewsOne Nigeria. See you again tomorrow.