Newsone has compiled top Naija News headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
1. The Federal Government through the Advertising Regulatory Council of Nigeria (ARCON) has filed a N30 billion suit against Meta Platforms Incorporated, owners of Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp, and its agent AT3 Resources Limited over unapproved advertisement.
2. The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), yesterday, taunted the Federal Government for attempting to break their ranks with the recognition of the Congress of University Academics (CONUA), describing the move as inconsequential and shadow chasing. CONUA is the splinter group of ASUU. It has opposed the on-going strike by ASUU, which began on February 14, and in recent years has been battling to gain recognition from the Federal Government to operate independently from ASUU.
3. Gunmen have reportedly killed at least 12 persons in Bali Local Government Area of Taraba State, on Sunday. The police spokesperson in the State, Usman Abdullahi, confirmed the incident to reporters yesterday, saying four suspects have been arrested in connection with the attack.
4. The organisers of the television reality show, Big Brother Naija season 7, say over N4.7 billion was invested in the production of the show. John Ugbe, Chief Executive Officer, MultiChoice Nigeria, disclosed this during the prize presentation to the winner of the “Level Up” edition, Josephine Otabor, popularly known as Phyna, on Tuesday in Lagos.
5. President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, presented SP Daniel Amah with a Public Service Integrity Award for displaying exceptional courage and integrity in the discharge of his duties. Amah, a DPO in Bompai Kano, rejected a $200,000 bribe to sweep under the carpet a case involving one Mr Ali Zaki, a bureau de change operator.
6. A 20-year-old housewife, Lamratu Nasiru, has been remanded in the Katsina Custodial Centre over the death of her stepdaughter at Unguwar Shalele village, Katsina State. It was gathered that Lamratu and the victim’s mother, Zabbau, were married to one Mallam Nasiru of Unguwar Shalele village, in the Matazu Local Government Area of the State.
7. President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, accused the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, of being complicit in corruption in the tertiary education sector in the country. Buhari said this as the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, said the President has accepted the report on the engagement of members of the House with the ASUU, on how to resolve the ongoing strike by the union.
8. A week after his return from medical vacation, the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Iyorchia Ayu, Tuesday, presided over a stormy meeting of the National Working Committee of the party. The meeting was also attended by the NWC members demanding the resignation of the national chairman.
9. A meeting between members of the Peoples Democratic Party’s Board of Trustees and the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, ended in a deadlock on Tuesday. The almost four-hour meeting, which was held behind closed doors at the Government House, Port Harcourt, ended around 4.35 pm.
10. Suspected yahoo boys, yesterday, caused gridlock on the Effurun roundabout to the PTI junction on the East-West road in Delta State as they protested against the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, for allegedly arresting some of their members.
That’s today’s summary of Newspaper headlines from Naija News media. Read more Nigerian news, African news, and world news on NewsOne Nigeria. See you again tomorrow.