Good morning! Here is today’s summary of Newspaper Headlines from Naija News media.
1. Brent, the international benchmark for crude, fell below $100 per barrel on Tuesday as the latest figures released by the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries showed an increase in Nigeria’s oil production from 1.024 million barrels per day to 1.158mb/d.
2. One Dauda Bello, 54, has been arrested by police in Ogun State for allegedly killing a 71-year-old woman, Mrs Mesesi Adisa. Dauda also reportedly cut off the woman’s wrists and ankles and sold them to a buyer for N22,200.
3. Governor Oyetola of Osun State at the weekend prayed that he will be re-elected as governor on July 16. The governor, who prayed at the Osogbo Central Eid prayer ground at Oke-Baale, Osogbo, admonished residents on the need to eschew statements that can cause violence, and also to reject inducement of any kind.
4. Ahead of the governorship election in Osun State, the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, yesterday, lashed out at the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and Labour Party, LP, in the State, saying they will labour till death. Speaking at the party’s mega rally, he described PDP and LP as “mushroom parties”.
5. Bola Ahmed Tinubu, presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has not done anything unlawful by picking Senator Kashim Shettima as his running mate. Babatunde Ogala, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), said this while responding to the controversy on Muslim-Muslim ticket.
6. A former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Engr. Babachir Lawal, has rejected Senator Kashim Shettima as the Vice-Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2023 elections. Babachir, who hitherto had been a vocal supporter of Tinubu, yesterday condemned the choice of his running mate.
7. The Inspector General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba, has deployed 21,000 personnel in Osun for Saturday’s governorship election. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has also moved 12 Resident Electoral Commissioners (RECs) and five National Commissioners to the State for the exercise.
8. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says it has relocated the polling units situated in front of palaces, politicians’ houses, religious centres and other controversial areas. Ahead of the governorship election in Osun State, polling units were moved away from controversial areas to open spaces and public buildings.
9. The National Unity Movement for Bola Ahmed Tinubu (NUMBAT) has asked all Nigerians to eschew politics of religion and ethnicity for the country to attain greatness. The Director-General of the group and former Member of the House of Representatives, Hon Bamidele Faparusi stated this yesterday.
10. The Social Democratic Party (SDP) has entered into an alliance with the Labour Party (LP) in Benue State with an intent to support the latter in the coming general election. State Chairman of the SDP, Engr John Enemari announced this at a press conference in Makurdi.
That’s today’s summary of Newspaper headlines from Naija News media. Read more Nigeria news, African news, and world news on NewsOne Nigeria. See you again tomorrow.