Nigerian Newspaper Headlines
Top Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today, 19th March 2023
Top Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today, 19th March 2023 can be accessed below.
Newsone has compiled Naija News headlines from Nigerian newspapers, which means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria today can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers. Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission has arrested four vote-buyers in Sokoto and Katsina states during the governorship and state Houses of Assembly elections on Saturday. The spokesperson for the ICPC, Azuka Ogugua, revealed this on Saturday night in a statement.
2. Governor Babagana Zulum, candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in Saturday’s election, has secured the highest number of votes cast in Monguno Local Government Area of the state. While Zulum polled a total of 17,187 votes in the LGA, Mohammed Jajari, his Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) rival garnered just 280 votes, leaving a margin of 16,907 votes.
3. Peter Obi, Presidential Candidate of Labour Party, has reached out to his supporters who were attacked during Saturday’s governorship and house of assembly elections. According to Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, Labour Party gubernatorial candidate in the state, an agent of the party was gunned down during the election.
4. A former councillor of Getso ward, Ibrahim Nakuzama, has been reportedly shot dead over alleged ballot box snatching. Nakuzama was said to have been gunned down by security operatives in Gwarzo local government area of Kano, on Saturday.
5. The All Progressives Congress (APC) and the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) in Kano State have asked their supporters to march to collation centres. While Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, NNPP presidential candidate, made the call on his party’s behalf, spokesperson for the Gawuna/Garo Campaign Council, Malam Muhammad Garba, made the call for the ruling party’s supporters.
6. Fire on Saturday razed down parts of the second market in the metropolis, Gamboru Market, in Borno State. This is exactly three weeks after a fire completely razed the largest market in the state, Monday Market, also located in the metropolis.
7. A former President of the United States, Donald Trump, has said he expects to be “arrested” Tuesday over an alleged hush-money payment to a porn star in 2016. He urged his supporters to protest, as prosecutors gave signs of moving closer to an indictment.
8. Governorship and state Houses of Assembly candidates of the different political parties, their supporters and other stakeholders are in anxious wait for the results of the polls which were held on Saturday, even as the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, began uploading of the results on its results viewing portal.
9. A former Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has said the All Progressives Congress in Rivers State was not contesting against the Peoples Democratic Party, but against the Independent National Electoral Commission and the Police. Amaechi said this while addressing journalists after casting his vote at Ward 8, Unit 17 in Ubima Ikwerre Local Government Area of the state.
10. A member of the All Progressives Congress has been shot dead in Cross River State. It was gathered that the incident happened on Saturday morning at Ogoja in the northern senatorial district.
That’s the Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today, kindly check back tomorrow for more. Read Naija News on Newsone Nigeria.