Connect with us

Headlines

Dethroned Emir Sanusi Speaks On Returning As Emir Of Kano (Video)

Published

on

Dethroned Emir Sanusi Speaks On Returning As Emir Of Kano (Video)

Dethroned Emir Sanusi says he would get justice if he decided to challenge his dethronement by the Kano State government led  Governor Abdullahi Ganduje.

NewsOne Nigeria had reported earlier that the Kano State government on Monday, March 9, dethroned Emir Muhammad Sanusi II. Emir Sanusi’s dethronement followed the Kano State Council Executive meeting presided over by the Governor Ganduje on Monday, March 9.

A statement by the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Usman Alhaji, said Emir Sanusi’s dethronement was due to his “total disrespect to lawful instructions from the office of the governor and other lawful authorities.

“The Kano State Executive Council under the chairmanship of His Excellency, the governor of Kano, Dr Abdullahi Ganduje has unanimously approved the immediate removal/dethronement of the Emir of Kano Emirate, Muhammad Sanusi II,” the statement said.

“The Emir of Kano is in total disrespect to lawful instructions from the office of the governor and other lawful authorities, including his persistent refusal to attend officials meetings and programmes organised by the government without any lawful justification which amount to total insubordination.

“It is on record and in so many instances Malam Muhammad Sanusi II has been found breaching part 3, section 13 (a-e) of the Kano State Emirate Law 2019 and which if left unchecked will destroy the good and established image of the Kano Emirate.

Dethroned Emir Sanusi reveals those behind his detention

“This removal is made after due consultation with the relevant stakeholders and in compliance with part 3, section 13 of the Kano State Emirate Law 2019 and other reasons stated above.

“The removal was reached in order to safeguard the sanctity, culture, tradition, religion and prestige of the Kano Emirate built over a thousand years.

“His Excellency, Dr Ganduje calls on the general public to remain calm, law-abiding and to go about their normal businesses. While a new Emir of Kano will soon be appointed,” the statement added.

Reacting to his removal as the Emir of Kano while speaking in a trending video, Sanusi, a former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), declared that he doesn’t wish to return to the northern state as the Emir of Kano.

His words: “I’ve done what I could in 6 years. I’m moving on. The truth is I don’t want to go back. The (dethronement) letter was so badly written, so unprofessionally written”, he said.

“It is the easiest thing in the world to go to court. Fair hearing…High Court ruling, just like today. Did you query him? Did you ask him to defend himself? No. We should go on with the new phase in life,” Sanusi said.

NewsOne Nigeria understands that the footage was recorded on Friday in Awe, Nasarawa State, northern Nigeria, after the court ruling that freed him from detention. The monarch has since left Nasawara where he was banished to and is now in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial city.

Watch the video below…

Facebook Comments

Adblocker detected! Please consider reading this notice.

We've detected that you are using AdBlock Plus or some other adblocking software which is preventing the page from fully loading.

We don't have any banner, Flash, animation, obnoxious sound, or popup ad. We do not implement these annoying types of ads!

We need money to operate the site, and almost all of it comes from our online advertising.

Please add newsoneng.com to your ad blocking whitelist or disable your adblocking software.

×