The identity of the terrorists who attacked Kuje Prison have been revealed.
Newsone report had reported earlier that the Nigeria Correction Service’s spokesperson, Umar Abubakar, who confirmed the attack in a statement on Wednesday, July 6, 2022, said the terrorists used explosives on the center’s fence and its main entrance to gain access to the facility.
The statement was titled, “Medium Security Custodial Centre, Kuje attacked by gunmen.”
It read, “I wish to confirm that at about 2200hrs, some yet-to-be-identified gunmen attacked the Medium Security Custodial Centre, Kuje, in the Federal Capital Territory.
“However, men of the Armed Squad of the Nigerian Correctional Service and other security agencies attached to the Custodial Centre have responded and calm has been restored to the facility and the situation is under control.
Manu stated this in Kaduna State on Wednesday. According to Mamu, he said before the attack, he shared intelligence reports with authority concerns, but they allegedly failed to act.