The UAE Visa Ban On Nigerians has been lifted after President Tinubu’s meeting in Abu Dhabi.
Newsone reports that Nigeria’s President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and President of the United Arab Emirates, Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, on Monday, September 11, 2023, in Abu Dhabi, have finalized a historic agreement, which has resulted in the immediate cessation of the visa ban placed on Nigerian travelers.
This online news platform understands that both Etihad Airlines and Emirates Airlines by this historic agreement, are to immediately resume flight schedules into and out of Nigeria, without any further delay.
Newsone Nigeria reports that this immediate restoration of flight activity, through these two airlines and between the two countries negotiated between the two Heads of State, does not involve any immediate payment by the Nigerian government led by President Tinubu.
In recognition of President Tinubu’s economic development diplomacy drive and proposals today presented by the Nigerian leader to his counterpart, an agreed framework has been established, which will involve several billions of U.S. dollars worth of new investments into the Nigerian economy across multiple sectors, including defense, agriculture, and others, by the investment arms of the Government of the United Arab Emirates.
President Tinubu is pleased to have successfully negotiated a joint, new foreign exchange liquidity programme between the two Governments, which will be announced in detail in the coming weeks.
The President, in conclusion, wishes to commend the UAE President, Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, for his unalloyed friendship and his determined effort to join hands with him to fully normalize and reset to excellence, the standard of relations between the two important countries.
UAE Visa Ban On Nigerians Lifted
Speaking on his visit in a post on the micro-blogging site, X formerly known as Twitter, President Tinubu wrote: “Good evening Nigerians – Home and abroad,
“Today, in unity with my friend, UAE President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan @HHShkMohd, we have initiated a new era of collaboration and friendship between our nations – Nigeria and the United Arab Emirates.
“We’ve also laid a robust foundation for substantial investments in various sectors in Nigeria, a testament to our shared vision for a prosperous future.
“Together, we are committed to building bridges and fostering a friendship that stands the test of time. As part of our discussions, the following have been reached:
1. Immediate lifting of the visa ban placed on Nigerian travelers by the UAE.
2. Resumption of flight schedules into and out of Nigeria by Etihad Airlines and Emirates Airlines, without any immediate payment required from the Nigerian government.
3. An agreed framework for new investments worth several billions of U.S. dollars into the Nigerian economy by the UAE government, covering multiple sectors including defense and agriculture.
4. A joint, new foreign exchange liquidity programme between Nigeria and the UAE, details of which will be announced in the coming weeks.
5. A commitment to normalize and enhance the relations between the two countries, fostered by the collaboration between myself and UAE President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.”
Good evening Nigerians – Home and abroad,
Today, in unity with my friend, UAE President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan @HHShkMohd , we have initiated a new era of collaboration and friendship between our nations – Nigeria and the United Arab Emirates.
We’ve also laid a… pic.twitter.com/phs3e5Y1gh
— Bola Ahmed Tinubu (@officialABAT) September 11, 2023