Hilda Baci: 20 Things To Know About Nigerian Chef Attempting Guinness World Record
Hilda Baci, things you need to know about Nigerian Chef attempting Guinness World Record can be accessed below.
Newsone reports that Nigerian Jollof Queen, Hilda Effiong Bassey popularly known as Hilda Baci, is attempting a Guinness World Record for the longest cook-a-thon (cooking marathon). The multi-talented TV Producer and actress announced the four-day-cook-a-thon started from 11th May to 15th May.
This online news platform understands that the Cook-a-thon (Cooking Marathon) is an attempt by Hilda, who has shown her culinary skills on various Television Cook shows and represented Nigeria at the Jollof Faceoff Competition in 2021, emerging as the winner.
This time, the Nigerian foodpreneur aims to break the Guinness World record of 87 hours, 45 minutes, and 00 seconds set by Chef Lata Tondon in Rewa, India, in 2019. The Amore Gardens, Lekki event showcased Hilda’s culinary skills using various local and intercontinental recipes to put Nigeria on the global culinary map.
Newsone Nigeria reports that the Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has thrown his support for Hilda Baci, a chef, as she attempts to break the Guinness World Record for the longest cooking time.
Governor Sanwo-Olu on Sunday, May 14, 2023, cheered the foodpreneur at the event, currently being held at Amore Gardens, Lekki. He urged the crowd of supporters present at the event to continue cheering her on and wished her success.
The four-day cooking marathon, which began on Thursday at 4 p.m., features celebrity visitations, networking, games and brand activations. The attempt will see Hilda Baci take an hour break in-between every 12 hours of cooking.
The Cook-a-thon is an attempt by the actress and TV producer who has shown her culinary skills on various Television Cook shows and represented Nigeria at the Jollof Faceoff Competition in 2021, emerging as the winner.
This time, the Nigerian foodpreneur aims to break the Guinness World record of 87 hours, 45 minutes, and 00 seconds set by Chef Lata Tondon in Rewa, India, in 2019. The chef, who targets a 93 hours cooking marathon, has spent at least 70 hours showcasing her culinary skills using various local and intercontinental recipes to put Nigeria on the global culinary map.
Things To Know About Nigerian Chef Hilda Baci…
1. Her real name is Hilda Bassey Effiong. She is a young Nigerian chef from Nsit Ubium LGA in Akwa Ibom State, She owes a food brand in Lagos called “My Food by Hilda”
2. She is 27 years of age
3. She will be cooking for 4 days non-stop.
4. She must stand to cook, she is not permitted to sit while cooking.
5. She’s not allowed to take coffee, stimulants, or any energy drink to artificially boost her energy and bodily strength while cooking.
6. She’s allowed to eat food, drink water or fruit juice, and take glucose.
7. The cooking is taking place at Amore Gardens, Lekki, Lagos State, Nigeria.
8. She cooks round the clock, no sleep (Morning, afternoon, evening, and night. So, for 4 nights, she won’t sleep)
9. She has just 5 minutes rest per hour [meaning for every 1 hour, she is entitled to just 5 minutes rest or break, that’s an hour break in every 12 hours].
Other sources claim
She gets a 30-minute break every 6 hours, she spends the 30mins in a medical van which is just close by, within which she can nap, use the restroom, and also get a medical assessment or checkup by the medical team available on the spot.
10. Whatever she cooks is shared with the people at the venue for FREE. She is not selling the food.
11. She cooks different meals simultaneously. She is at liberty to cook any meal she likes. There are no restrictions as to what she can cook or not cook. The World Record title is about cooking within a time frame, not about what is cooked. As long as she is cooking, she is on track.
12. Every meal cooked and every plate served is recorded. She has cooked over 115 meals so far with almost 3,000 portions if not more by the time you are reading this.
13. She started the cooking on Thursday and is expected to complete the target time frame by Monday 15th May 2023 evening.
14. The current holder of the title Hilda seeks to break is an Indian chef Lata Tandon, who set a Guinness World Record for cooking for 87 hours and 45 minutes non-stop in 2019.
15. To break the record, Hilda Baci is attempting to cook for 96 hours, using extra 9 hours to break the world record as the first human on earth to spend such an amount of time cooking a marathon.
16. She tagged the cooking project “Cook-a-thon”, a phrase literally coined from the word “marathon”
17. She appears exhausted already, but the people around her are cheering her on to boost her morale. And they are available with her as she cooks 247, even at night.
18. Most of the food items, ingredients, utensils, etc she used for this project are provided by her sponsors. So, the money expended on this project is not 100% from Hilda or her Food brand.
19. Uber, one of her partners is offering a 40% discounted ride to the venue for people who wishes to join and cheer her up at the venue.
20. Hilda’s mum is also a chef. She owns a food brand called “Calabar Pot”