Joseph Nkama biography, the profile of Joseph Nkama – the new Minister of State for Health can be accessed below.
Newsone reports that President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, July 6, 2022, swore in seven new Ministers who have been screened and confirmed by the Senate.
This online news platform understands that the swearing-in was done in two batches of four and three each at the Federal Executive Council (FEC) in Abuja, the nation’s capital.
Newsone Nigeria reports that the first set was Henry Ikechukwu Ikoh – Abia State, Umana Okon Umana – Akwa Ibom State, Odum Odih – Rivers State, and Ademola Adewole Adegoroye – Ondo State.
The second batch included Umar Ibrahim El-Yakub – Kano State, Goodluck Nnana Opiah – Imo State, and Egwumakama Joseph Nkama – Ebonyi State. 11 ministerial positions are affected by the reshuffle.
Below is the list of the new ministers with their new portfolios:
1. Sharon Ikeazor – Minister of State, Niger Delta (formerly Minister of State, Environment)
2. Gbemisola Saraki – Minister of State, Mines and Steel Development (formerly minister of state, Transportation)
3. Umar Ibrahim EI-Yakub – Minister of State, Works, and Housing
4. Goodluck Nanah Opiah – Minister of State, Education
5. Ekumankama Joseph Nkama – Minister of State, Health
6. Ikoh Henry Ikechukwu – Minister of State, Science and Technology
7. Odum Udi – Minister of State, Environment
8. Ademola Adewole Adegoroye – Minister of State, Transportation.
9. Adeleke Mamora – Minister of Science and Technology (formerly Minister of State, Health)
10. Mu’azu Jaji Sambo – Minister of Transportation (formerly Minister of Power)
11. Umanna Okon Umanna – Minister of Niger Delta.
Newsone recalls that the Nigerian Senate received the list of seven nominees from President Buhari for consideration and confirmation as Ministers last Tuesday.
The 7 new ministers will replace Ministers who resigned in May 2022 to pursue their political ambition. The new Ministers will now join the Buhari administration which has less than one year left in office.
Joseph Nkama Biography: Short Profile of Joseph Nkama
Newsone reports that Nkama is a former special adviser to David Umahi, governor of Ebonyi, in the Abuja liaison office.
The ministerial nominee was promoted to the position of commissioner for investment in 2019. He remained in the role until 2021 when the governor dissolved most of the members of his cabinet.
Joseph Nkama is also the former director of information, Student Union Government of the University of Calabar, a position he held in the year 2000.
Joseph Nkama State of Origin
Joseph Nkama is from Ebonyi State, southeast Nigeria.
Joseph Nkama Ministerial Position:
Joseph Nkama is the new Minister of State, Health.