Naija news & Nigerian newspaper headlines today, 17th June 2022, can be accessed below.
Newsone has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper headlines today & Naija news today from the Nigerian Newspaper today.
1. President Muhammadu Buhari, on Thursday in Kano, said his government would deal with those profiting from the climate of fear and rampant insecurity nationwide. He spoke at the Passing Out Parade of the Regular Course 4/2016 Cadets of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano.
2. Mr. Ibrahim Lawal, the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the detained member of the House of Representatives, Farah Dagogo, has cried out over the continued incarceration of his principal. Lawal, in a statement issued in Port Harcourt on Thursday, said Dagogo, who was a governorship aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party, was illegally kept in prison after he was “unlawfully declared wanted by Governor Nyesom Wike.”
3. The Indigenous People of Biafra has warned criminal elements to desist from using its name to commit crimes in the South-East. The secessionist group dissociated itself from the criminals, saying it had never been part of or behind the ongoing insecurity and criminalities in the region.
4. The combined operatives of the Special Tactical Squad and the Kaduna State security outfit, codenamed Operation Yaki, have killed four suspected bandits along the Saminaka-Jos expressway. The spokesman of Kaduna Police Command, Mohammed Jalige disclosed this in a statement on Thursday.
5. The opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has announced the Delta State Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa as the running mate of the party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar. Atiku made the announcement on Thursday at the party’s headquarters in Abuja.
6. The Ohanaeze Ndigbo, the Igbo apex socio-political organization, yesterday, threatened to punish the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for ignoring the Southeast in picking the running mate of its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar. The threat was contained in a statement by the Secretary-General of Ohanaeze, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro.
7. The Benue State Police Command, on Thursday, said it has arrested four suspects in connection with the recent attack and killing of some people at Okpokwu community. Suspected herders had attacked Igama community in Okpokwu LGA of the State, killed over 30 people and burnt several houses.
8. The Catholic Diocese of Enugu has disowned inflammatory political utterances by the Catholic Priest and founder of Adoration Ministry Enugu, Rev. Father Ejike Mbaka, against Peter Obi. Reacting, the Auxiliary Bishop of Enugu, Rev Ernest Obodo, in a statement on Thursday, condemned and dissociated the church from the comments.
9. There was commotion at the national secretariat of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Abuja yesterday, as a group of youths stormed its premises, chanting slogans against the party’s national chairman, Senator Abdullahi Adamu. The youths said to be from Kogi State stormed the party’s headquarters while a meeting of the National Working Committee (NWC) was in progress.
10. Idi Barde Gubana, Deputy Governor of Yobe State, is bereaved again as his 16-year-old daughter, Khadija Idi Barde (Siyama), who sustained injuries in an accident that killed her brother, has died in the hospital. A vehicle that the deputy governor’s children were travelling in was involved in an accident along Maiduguri-Kano highway on Saturday.