Naija News: Read Top Headlines Today, Sunday, 20th November 2022
Naija News, read Top Headlines today, Sunday, 20th November 2022 below.
Newsone has compiled top Naija News headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers.
1. Aggrieved Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors known as the Integrity Governors (G-5 Governors) have declared that Nigeria is in turmoil and needs credible leadership to lead the country out of the plethora of challenges. Chairman of G-5 Governors and Benue State governor, Samuel Ortom, made this declaration at the Rivers PDP governorship campaign flag-off in Port Harcourt yesterday.
2. Five houses, two vehicles, four kiosks, and other items were burnt when a diesel tanker travelling through Benin-Akure Road lost control and spilled its content on the road. According to a statement signed by the Public Relations Officer of the Edo State Police Command, Chidi Nwabuzor, on Saturday, no life was lost.
3. Residents of Ifelagba Community in Oyo State have been thrown into panic after a threat letter from armed robbers was received by the community. The letter was reportedly sent to the community on Friday evening, written in Yoruba language. Ifelagba is located in Ido Local Government Area of Oyo State.
4. The Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), Cross River chapter, says the abductors of two of its members have demanded for N100 million as ransom to secure their release. Dr Felix Archibong, chairman of NMA in the state, confirmed this in an interview on Saturday in Calabar.
5. The British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Catriona Laing has said that the government of the United Kingdom is supporting Nigeria to ensure credible elections in 2023. Laing, who disclosed this in an interview on Sunday in Abuja., said the UK would monitor the elections closely.
6. President Muhammadu Buhari will, on Tuesday, supervise the first oil drill in oil fields located in Bauchi and Gombe states. The ground-breaking ceremony of the Kolmani Oil Prospecting Lease (OPL) 809 and 810 at the Kolmani field site will be the first oil drilling in Northern Nigeria.
7. All Progressives Congress Presidential Candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, on Saturday in Warri, hit the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Vice-Presidential Candidate and Governor of Delta, Ifeanyi Okowa, saying the state has remained underdeveloped despite the huge resources accruing to it. He said this at the APC rally, which took place at the Warri Township Stadium, on Saturday.
8. Governor Samuel Ortom, a member of the G5 of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has said the south ought to produce Nigeria’s next president. Speaking at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium in Rivers State during the flag-off of the PDP state-level campaign, Ortom said this should be the situation in the interest of fairness and justice.
9. The Twitter account of former United States President, Donald Trump, has being reinstated on the social media platform.
Twitter’s new owner, Elon Musk, had set up a poll on Saturday to ask users on the platform whether the former president should be allowed back on the app or not.
10. The Kwara State chapter of the All Progressives Congress has denied any involvement in the alleged attack by hoodlums suspected to be political thugs on the convoy of the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Yaman Abdullahi. The attack, reportedly occurred on Friday when Abdullahi’s campaign convoy was leaving Shao, in the Moro Local Government Area of the state.
That’s today’s summary of Newspaper headlines from Naija News media. Read more Nigerian news, African news, and world news on NewsOne Nigeria. See you again tomorrow.