Good morning! Here is today’s summary of Newspaper Headlines from Naija News media.
1. The Inspector General of Police, Usman Baba, has ordered the investigation of singer, Habib Okikiola, better known as Portable, over a trending video he made claiming to have formed a cult group. A statement on Monday by Force Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi conveyed the IGP’s directive.
2. The National Executive Council of the striking Academic Staff Union of Universities is scheduled to hold its meeting in the first week of August, 2022.
It was learnt that a decision on whether to suspend or continue with the strike which enters its 155th day on Tuesday, will be taken at the meeting.
3. The camp of the Osun State governor-elect, Ademola Adeleke, is currently worried over a suit filed by his rival in the Peoples Democratic Party’s primary, Prince Dotun Babayemi, at the Court of Appeal, Akure. It was gathered that Adeleke’s camp was concerned that external forces could exploit the case to truncate the party’s victory.
4. The Delta State Police Command has paraded over 45 suspects for various criminal offences ranging from kidnapping, robbery, cultism, baby factory, murder, among others. The Commissioner of Police, Delta State, Muhammed Ali, while parading the suspects, decried the high rate of cultism in the State.
5. Osun State governor-elect, Senator Ademola Adeleke has said some associates of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, Minister of Interior, worked for him in Saturday’s election. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate in the election said this in a Channels Television interview.
6. Nigerians, especially lovers of Nollywood movies, were thrown into mourning yesterday following the death of a movie star, Ada Ameh. The actress, who played the role of Anita in the movie ‘Domitilla’ in 1996, is famous for her comic characters, especially in the television series, The Johnsons.
7. There was anger in Imo State on Monday after news filtered in that gunmen suspected to be operatives of Ebubeagu Security outfit allegedly killed seven wedding guests in Awomama, Oru West Local Government Area of the State. It was gathered that the incident happened on Sunday while the victims were returning to their village in Otulu in Oru East LGA before the gunmen opened fire on them.
8. A seven-year-old boy simply identified as Ayuba was killed when bandits struck at Paikon Basa community in Gurdi ward of Abaji Area Council of Abuja. A resident, James Gwatana, said bandits wielding sophisticated weapons invaded the community on Friday night.
9. Engr Rauf Olaniyan, deputy governor of Oyo State has been impeached. Olaniyan was impeached after members of the Oyo House of Assembly presented and considered the recommendation of a seven-man panel set up by the Chief Judge, Munta Abimbola, to investigate allegations of gross misconduct levelled against him.
10. Peter Obi Support Network (PSON) has accused Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-rufai, of preventing a Northern meeting in support of Peter Obi. The followers of the Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate planned to use the popular Arewa House on Rabah Road but were denied access to the venue, according to a statement by the group.
That’s today’s summary of Newspaper headlines from Naija News media. Read more Nigeria news, African news, and world news on NewsOne Nigeria. See you again tomorrow.