Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today, Top Stories from Today Nigerian Newspapers.
1. President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appointed Mr. Folashodun Adebisi Shonubi, a graduate of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) as Acting Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). This follows the suspension of Godwin Emefiele, who is currently being probed.
2. The Labour Party has disowned comments made by two of its members-elect, Honourable’s Amobi Ogah and Obi Aguocha with regard to the house leadership zoning formula released by the ruling All Progressives Congress. The two law members-elect had expressed satisfaction with the formula and spoke glowingly about the intellect and level of preparedness of President Ahmed Tinubu to govern Nigeria.
3. President Bola Tinubu has vowed that any roadblock that stands in the way of the progress of his administration will be removed. Tinubu made this vow at a meeting with the National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria (NCTRN) at Aso Rock on Friday.
4. The National Population Commission, NPC, says the proposed 2023 Population and Housing Census was postponed to avert national crisis in the country. The Federal Commissioner in Plateau State, Mrs Cecilia Dapoet made this disclosure on Friday during a meeting with stakeholders in Jos, the state capital.
5. The Zamfara State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, on Friday, condemned the invasion of the immediate past governor of the state, Bello Matawalle’s houses in Gusau and Maradun by the operatives of the Department of State Services, DSS, and the police.
6. The decomposing body of a kidnapped policeman serving in Imo State Police Command has been found. The victim, identified as Charles, was said to be an orderly to a former Speaker of the Imo State House of Assembly, Chiji Collins.
7. President Bola Tinubu has suspended the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr Godwin Emefiele from office with immediate effect. This is sequel to the ongoing investigation of his office and the planned reforms in the financial sector of the economy, according to a statement on Friday by the Director of Information, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Willie Bassey.
8. Former Governor of Kano State, Abubakar Ganduje, on Friday, in Abuja, lamented the demolition of several buildings in Kano State by the Abba Yusuf-led administration, accusing his predecessor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, of masterminding the development. He said he would have slapped Kwankwaso if he had met him in Aso Villa.
9. President Bola Tinubu has said that he has asked the traditional rulers and their representatives from across the country to support his administration. He made the call during a meeting held at the State House Conference Centre, Abuja, on Friday.
Tinubu disclosed this in a post on his Twitter page on Friday.
10. The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, member representing Abak State constituency, Hon. Udeme Otong has emerged as the Speaker of the 8th Akwa Ibom House of Assembly, while PDP’s Hon Kufreabasi Edidem representing Itu state constituency emerged as the Deputy Speaker.