Newsone has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper headlines today & Naija news today from the Nigerian Newspaper today.
1. The Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi, a top Yoruba Monarch has joined his ancestors. According to reports, Alaafin Adeyemi, the third from the Alowodu Ruling House, died on Friday night at the Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital, in Ekiti State.
2. Eight persons have been arrested in Olowo Community, in Odigbo Council Area of Ondo State, for alleged vandalisation of pipelines and illegal bunkering activities. The suspects were arrested by men of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) in the State.
3. Bandits have again struck in Niger State and kidnapped thirteen farmers working on their farms. The incident happened in Galiwi village, Sarkin-pawa, in Munya Local Government Area of the State.
4. Nigeria’s Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, says he has garnered enough experience to lead Nigeria as the president come 2023. He made the disclosure on Friday in Ibadan during a parley with the Oyo State All Progressives Congress (APC) delegates.
5. Chairman of the Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, has assured that the Dangote Refinery will be ready for commissioning before the end of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration in 2023. He gave the assurance Friday while fielding questions from State House reporters after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
6. The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) on Friday, declared 12 persons wanted for different crimes in Anambra State. The suspects were accused of conspiracy, murder, armed robbery, terrorism, kidnapping, cultism, and unlawful possession of firearms.
7. A Federal High Court in Abuja, yesterday, sacked Yakubu Dogara, former speaker of the House of Representatives, from the National Assembly. The number four man in the country between 2015 and 2019 currently represents Bogoro/Dass Federal Constituency of Bauchi in the green chamber.
8. Some Fulani women in Kaduna State have lamented the effect of mistaken identity on their men. Addressing newsmen in Kaduna, President of Reube Fulbe Global Rights and Development Initiative, Halima Usman Yoman, expressed her concern about the incident that happened at Kakura community in Kaduna, where vigilantes and soldiers brutalised Fulanis who were erroneously tagged, bandits.
9. Anxiety gripped residents of Jalingo, Taraba State capital, Friday night when an explosion reverberated across the State capital. It was learned that the explosion was witnessed in Nukkai axis, bordering the Ardo-Kola Local Government Area of the State where the same explosion was witnessed three days back.
10. The Federal Government, on Friday, approved the reopening of four land borders shut in August 2019. A circular released yesterday by the Nigeria Customs Service listed the borders as Idiroko border post in Ogun State, Jibiya border post in Katsina State, Kamba border post in Kebbi State, and Ikom border post in Cross River State.