Top Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Thursday, 22nd September 2022, can be accessed below.
Newsone has compiled top Naija News headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
1. The Senate has confirmed the nomination of Justice Olukayode Ariwoola as the new Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN). The development was sequel to his screening by the Committee of the Whole at the Senate chambers on Wednesday.
2. The leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on Wednesday convened an emergency meeting following the withdrawal of Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, his Oyo State counterpart, Seyi Makinde, ex-information minister, Prof. Jerry Gana, and other prominent party chieftains from the party’s presidential campaign council.
3. A former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal, has said the introduction of the Muslim-Muslim ticket by the All Progressives Congress is a plan to further create divisions within the north. He said he and about 40 Christian leaders in the north are working to see that the ticket failed.
4. Suspected fraudsters, during a three-day cyber-attack, have hacked a customer’s account domiciled in an old generation bank and fraudulently transferred N523,337,100 from the account to 18 different accounts in the same bank. The spokesperson for the Police Special Fraud Unit in Ikoyi, Lagos State, SP Eyitayo Johnson made this known in a statement on Wednesday.
5. A Kano State Chief Magistrate’s Court has remanded a 47-year-old Chinese, Geng Quanrong, who was accused of killing his ex-lover, Ummukulthum Buhari, aka Ummita, in the State. Quanrong was arraigned by the Kano State Police Command on Wednesday for allegedly killing Buhari, a 23-year-old graduate of Agriculture Science from the Kampala University, Uganda.
6. Labour Party chieftain, Prof. Pat Utomi, said yesterday that Peter Obi’s manifesto for the 2023 elections was ready and would be released before campaign starts next week. Utomi, who disclosed this in Abuja yesterday, said, ‘’there is a manifesto ready and it will be released before the campaign starts”.
7. The president of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Professor Emmanuel Osodeke has warned about the far-reaching effects of the judgement of the National Industrial Court, which ordered lecturers back to class. According to him, the outcome of the verdict would be catastrophic.
8. Five persons, comprising four male adults and a house wife, drowned in an attempt to escape being kidnapped by bandits at Chakumi village in Gurdi ward of Abaji Area Council of Abuja. Chakumi shares a boundary with neighboring Daku village through river Gurara in Dobi ward of Gwagwalada Area Council of the nation’s capital.
9. Governor Charles Soludo, on Wednesday, described Anambra State the erosion capital of Nigeria. The governor spoke while fielding questions from journalists after a closed-door meeting with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
10. Former Vice-President, Atiku Abubakar has said Senator Iyioricha Ayu cannot be forced to resign as the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Chairman. The PDP Presidential candidate said this while reacting to the decision of the camp of Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State to pull out of his campaign council.